Part One: Information Gathering
1. Wait for schoolboard to issue T4 slip. Wave around in the air while performing classic Pete Townsend air guitar riffs..."we won't get fooled again!"
2. Ice shoulder.
3. Remind daughter for the umpteenth time that if she wants to get her grimy little paws on her refund cheque she better cough up T4s from the various jobs she had last year.
4. Tap toe impatiently.
5. Repeat steps 3 & 4.
6. Look around on the desk for the file folder you put all receipts into over the past year.
7. It's red.
8. Look under the desk for the file folder you put all receipts into over the past year.
9. Go to the basement and carefully toss through the huge leaning tower of unfiled bills/receipts/bank statements/various & sundry pieces of paper to find last year's assessment notice.
10. Go upstairs, look behind the decorative screen on the bookshelves for scrap of paper with Turbotax username and password scribbled on it.
11. Ask daughter if she threw out anything from behind the decorative screen.
12. Wring hands, add moaning as required.
13. Go to Turbotax website and click "forgot password".
14. Try to remember answers to security questions.
15. Try to remember security questions.
16. Look for the "safe spot" where you put the RED folder while you were looking for assessment notice in the basement.
17. Open magnum of red wine.
18. Look up the phone number of 24/7Wine for You!
19. Take 3 Advil and breathe sigh of relief when daughter brings you her T4s - tuck them into the red folder until Turbotax returns your phonecall.
20. Login to Turbotax with new password.
Part Two: Turbo on Through with Turbotax Software...