Monday, January 20, 2014

The New and Improved, sort of, Wine and Food Show

 There were a lot of changes this year at the annual Wine and Food Show. It had 25% more vendors, more space, and a lot of different things going on. First up for my friend Troy and I was the bartenders competition. These 2 guys weren't quite up to the level of Tom Cruise in "Cocktail" but they weren't too bad on the eyes.
You can see the audience in this shot paying close attention, and no, I didn't get blitzed!
 Most of my shots were blurry as these two guys were constantly tossing their bottles in the air...
 catching them behind their back....most of the time....
 This was new - a dance floor complete with plastic modular furniture, larger than life chess pieces, and tables for two.
 Far out eh?  Pretty groovy.
Now this was a hit with me! Have you ever had a Vaportini? It's kind of hard to explain but you can see a tea light in the bottom and a glass ball above it containing the "vaportini". There is a hole in the glass ball where you put a straw in and inhale your martini vaportini. The flavours were  INTENSE! And instantly absorbed into your bloodstream. Very cool.

 Ooooooooh I like this one!!

 The show expanded into another room called the "Mancave". Mostly cars, motorcycles, man food (burgers, fries, sausage on a bun) and domestic beer like Bud Light. I'm thinking the show producers must have received a lot of complaints that there's not enough for REAL MEN to experience at the show but really, you can have a burger and a Canadian domestic beer anywhere anytime but an ostrich burger, Bailey's flavoured frozen yogurt, steak tacos? Not so much. C'mon guys - live a little! Experiment! Take a risk! Boring...
Now this guy wasn't afraid - he was on the dance floor most of the night!
Yup, still there...
 Oh, I know him!! John had a flashing light on the end of his index finger!
This year if you were really special, and I wasn't,  you could spend time in the VIP lounge. Not too sure why that was considered special???
OK, folks...we've come to the CAPTION THIS PICTURE!! Oooooh, is she wearing leather?
Troy and I took turns snapping each other's photo in this convertible but I think she pressed the wrong button on my camera because there's no pic of me! Oh well...isn't she so photogenic??

She's a beautiful woman, also a single mom to 3 young adults. She's been a good support to me over the past few weeks and she got me into the show for FREE! She works at Fanshawe College in the Hospitality and Tourism area and worked at their booth for a while on Saturday (and gave me a pass to get in...shhhhhh...don't tell anyone! )

And that was my Saturday night!

14 comments:

  1. Wow, never heard about vaporini. For a second there, I thought you were going to say they were illegal or something! Looks a LOT more fun than my Saturday night. Glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So ,if I put a bottle of vodka in the kettle.....
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like you had an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As for the lovely lady in leather, how about.....easy rider.
    I'm so glad that you had fun even if you had to get snuck in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vaporitni !
    Is that even legal?
    Take that with you to PEI and let the games begin..........hahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good one! I'll get snuck in anytime if it saves me $15!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never even noticed that, you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was the first time I'd ever heard of one too. A very different way of enjoying a drink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vaporini?!? That is so awesome! And the guy's muscles in the first pictures are almost as awesome!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!