Friday, January 17, 2014

It's Ontario Bloggers Day!!

So I wanted to write something especially pithy and witty for today but as luck would have it I'm feeling a wee bit down in the dumps. Michael stopped by last night to pick up some of his stuff and there were a lot of tears. His, not mine.

If you're new to this blog here's a link to a previous post so you can see the big picture if you want to.

And then to top it off, I'm driving my daughter Kazi to Pearson Airport in Toronto this afternoon as she begins her trip to Australia. So I'll have the house to myself for 3 weeks. It'll be "interesting" to see how I handle it. I think I'll be ok, at least I want to think that I'll be ok. If and when I move to PEI I'll be living alone so this will be a good little test. Not that living in the city with my friends and family closeby can be compared to living in the country with 1 neighbour across the road and my sister and friends a 2-3 hour drive away. And I'll be retired in PEI as compared to going to work here everyday. Still, I'll stay tuned in to my feelings and see how it goes.

Kazi's second interview with Jones Box Co. went well, she wasn't as bad at the software program as she thought she'd be. The other interview with Car Proof went well also but they phoned her yesterday saying they needed someone to start right away so as she's going to Australia they've decided not to hire her.

Tomorrow I'm going to the annual Wine and Food show with a friend. That's always fun sampling lots of wines, craft beer and amazing food. I've eaten some unusual things there like ostrich, bison, octopus etc. Things I wouldn't normally order or even see on a menu. Other than that it'll be a weekend of continued cleaning and decluttering. I'm enjoying that except for the part when I have to carry a million bags and boxes up the stairs and out to my truck to take either to the dumpster or to the local thrift shop. I'll also give myself some precious time to drink a coffee and read the newspaper. That's my Saturday morning treat unless I'm going to the Roaster for coffee with friends. I know it doesn't sound very exciting but just STOPPING, SITTING, READING and drinking a really good COFFEE is a huge treat for me in my busy hectic week. I know, get a life right??

I just want to let you know that I won't be back in London tonight til around 9pm or later so not sure if I'll have time to visit all of you today. If not today, then I will tomorrow. I think this is an exciting opportunity to meet more Ontario Bloggers! Thank you Cindy!

Well, sorry for the less than scintillating post - her's a linkhttp://lifebeginsatretirement.blogspot.ca/2014/01/hump-day.html for one I wrote a couple of days ago that provides a surefire insomnia cure - I loved the feedback on it!



17 comments:

  1. Cindy Masterson-RothJanuary 17, 2014 at 4:46 PM

    Hello Jane. Thank you for coming "on board" with me for the 2nd Annual Ontario Blogger's Day. For some reason it will not let me access the LINK for the insomnia... boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy Masterson-RothJanuary 17, 2014 at 4:47 PM

    Maybe who I am will post this time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get a great movie lined up.Have dinner on a tray with a glass (size optional *wink*) of wine...enjoy!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jane you are awesome at clearing out the junk!
    3 wks alone is perfect to jump start your transition year.
    Does it feel weird working knowing that it won t be for much longer?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I just say how much I admire your resiliency? I'm sure there are lots of hard moments, but your positive spirit is very impressive.

    Two years ago my stepfather abruptly told my Mom that he was leaving her after 30 years. I was very worried about her, as she loved being married (and was 65 years old). Well -I was totally wrong - She is such a positive person and has bounced right back (ok, after more than a few tough moments). It has been a very good lesson for me to watch her.
    I'm sure your demonstration of resiliency will have a similar impact on your daughter.

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope your drive to To was uneventful tonight. I understand the pleasure of just sitting with a cup of coffee and something worth reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are going to be just fine my friend. And if you need to talk you have my number just give me a jingle and we will tell dirty jokes and laugh. You never stop amazing me with your strength. I have no doubt you will be fine...plus look you only have 162 days til the rest of your life and I expect no demand you enjoy every second of it. Life is to short to waste time and energy on things that you are better off without. You my dear are strong, loving, caring and a wonderful friend.


    Now happy bloggers day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have fun at the Food and Wine show. That sounds right up my alley. I'm a goodie and I like trying new drinks (a little at a time).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jane! (I don't meet many "Janes" anymore which is sad because I really like the name - I guess it's gone out of fashion - so I really appreciate getting to know you! Michael can cry as much as he wants but I have passed the point of return. If he decided to change his mind I wouldn't take him back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd better look up a few dirty jokes - HAH! I don't know but I think your strength and courage far surpass mine, but thank you - you're a great friend udy with a J!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our drive was FAR from uneventful (our highway was closed for miles and miles due to a tractor trailer collision) but we still made it on time thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Part of the Harrison coat of arms says: "He conquers who endures." Now isn't that the truth!! I come from sturdy, patient peasant stock who have endured many hardships over the centuries.
    Thank you so much for your perceptive comments Jennifer - and the impact my resiliency has had on my daughter is already evident. I thanked her as we arrived at the airport for being such a good support to me over the last couple of months and she said at first she thought she shouldn't go to Australia but then she knew I was ok and had survived through the worst of it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Does it feel weird? Yes it does and I've been noticing that lately. I can't quite believe it. I've been working in some capacity since I was 12 years old but always for other people. I won't stop working but I'll be working for myself. What i look forward to the most is being my own person. I imagine I have a hard drive in my head of a few thousand terabytes and most of my brain was dedicated to work at the expense of more important entities like family and friends. I look forward to listening to people with all of my attention instead of only about 5%. It's been hard to be "present" over the years because of always thinking about the next day of school. What a great question Barb!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Started to watch "Orange is the New Black" last night with a glass of wine after getting back from the airport and promptly fell asleep!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cindy - I fixed the link in case you'd like to try again :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm glad that the SOB cried. Serves him right. Be done with him. Wow, did I say that out loud? Nope, I just typed it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Enjoyed my visit to your blog from eastern Oregon, USA!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!