Thursday, January 2, 2014

Short and Sweet

That's me, short and sweet! Well, short anyways...

Jan. 2, 2014 - how time flies! Lots of challenges going on...I stayed inside today so had a 2nd No Spend day. Too damn cold for anything else. Sure hope Dougie the Dodge starts tomorrow - not that I HAVE to go anywhere but one can only stay cooped up for so long.

Completed Day 2 of my 5 day juice fast. So far so good. I did wake up with a headache in the night - no doubt withdrawal from caffeine - so I took a tylenol and had a few sips of leftover coffee and that did the trick. Today - no headache and feeling more energy so I pedalled 15km on my stationary bike. I'm keeping tabs on my total km cycled in my sidebar. Spent some quality mother/daughter time with Kazi watching Freaks and Geeks on Netflix. I'd never heard of it before but it starred James Franco, Jason Segel and Seth Rogen before they were rich and famous. Unfortunately it was cancelled after one season even though Kazi and I think it's hilarious! What do we know...?

So today was supposed to be the BIG DAY when I begin my application to retire but when I went onto the website I could only pick a retirement date up until May 2014 so boo, hiss, I'll have to wait another month or two. I guess there must be so many of us oldies but goodies retiring that they can only handle so many at a time. So that was rather anticlimactic! To make up for that letdown I got busy and sorted through a huge pile of personal papers that has been gathering for the last couple of months AND put Christmas gifts away. The fun never ends...


3 comments:

  1. Keep it up! Day 3 and you are doing so well! I do hate it when things are cancelled like that :( there have been so many shows I have really gotten into, before being cancelled! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for another no spend. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Eboo - good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!