|Head Wrap - ewww...what happened to her should blades??|
|Kazi and best friend Courtney on Kazi's 21st birthday:)|
The new beaded bracelet my friend Jules gave me - I LOVE it!! Look at all of the pretty colours...distracting right?
And by popular request - my new $15 silver and turquoise ring! Sparkly huh?
And speaking of sparkly - here's Kazi's birthday sparkler from last night's dinner at Under the Volcano - boy, I tell ya that REALLY takes my mind off numbers...
So does my favorite dessert - mmmmm deep-fried icecream...I sure could go for some right about now...the numbers can wait til later, right?
Or...how about an Irish coffee? No? OK, how about a French coffee?? It's really yummy - it'll blow your mind!!
No? You still want the numbers? oh poo...
Ok well you'll just have to trust me on this as I haven't put my numbers into Spend Diary since June so have no fancy shmancy charts to dazzle you with their pies and colours and bars. Nope, just dull old black and white.
The Good News: (this will be a short list)
- I over-estimated my Union Gas and London Hydro by a total of $59 which just became more $$ to spend (oops...good news turned into bad news!)
- Increased my Line of Credit payment from $1200 monthly to $1300
- Started saving for: new camera, condo redecoration, PEI home insurance and property taxes & PEI home maintenance & next year's trip to PEI - that's a whole lot more pots to divide my savings amongst!
- came just slightly under my grocery budget and my gasoline budget :)
The Bad News: (hold onto your hats folks!)
- had to buy all new tires which reduced my EF from $2000 to $1350
- both pays were less than I hoped they'd be (but only by $20)
- allowed myself $0.00 for entertainment this month as I knew it would be a tight month - HAH!! who was I kidding (do not have and do not want to know how much I actually spent on movies, coffees, newspapers, restaurants, clothing as it would make me cry)
- cell phone bill higher than budgeted by $10
- made a last minute impulse gift buy for Kazi in the form of a $50.00 Shopper's Drugmart gift card (horrible feeling of old bad habit creeping back in thinking I hadn't SPENT enough on her gifts (fall jacket, Keith Urban concert, dinner out, cupcakes...sigh)
- spent too much on clothing for myself thinking I would enjoy getting up and going to school more if I had some new clothes to wear! WRONG!! I AM ENJOYING going to school VERY MUCH so didn't need to spend that money!! What a maroon!
- I now owe $443 on my President's Choice Mastercard - I haven't had any credit card debt in YEARS!! I'm mortified.
- I also bought just over $100 worth of jewelry to match my back to school clothes at Claire and Aldo's - another unnecessary purchase!
- I need to pay $50 into the Social Fund at school AND I need to contribute $30 for gifts for two staff who left and one who broke his leg just before school started (stupid boys!)
- I have $66 left in discretionary spending and $11.97 left in my wallet (I do have $$ set aside for groceries and gasoline
So there it is. Told ya it wasn't pretty. I guess I'll have to put off the social fund payment til next month but I'll have to fork over the $30 soon. That'll leave me with a grand total of $48 til my next pay on Sept. 30th (without dipping into savings which I absolute abhor!! or going into more debt...so NOT an option!)
Hence my fiscal fast for the next week. I said I was going to start tomorrow but guess what??
I HAVE JUST NEGATIVELY MOTIVATED MYSELF TO START RIGHT NOW!!
For the next two weeks, yes you heard me, for the next 14 days I will only enter the grocery store or the farmer's market (I have $200 for food) or go to the gas station (I put $40 in today leaving me with $60 for gas) and will NOT spend beyond the $48 I have left. I will try to UNDERSPEND on groceries so that I will have a positive balance in my chequing account at the end of the month, even if it's only a couple of dollars.
Think I can do it? Or will I fall flat on my empty wallet?? It'll be quite a challenge that much is sure.