Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekly Money Checkup


Here's a weekly money checkup from My Pretty Pennies that you can participate in. She posts 5 questions that have fill in the blanks for you to answer and post. It is a time for you to reflect and think about your relationship with your finances. Go ahead, try it.  I did and I'm glad I did - I just found out I need to track my cash expenditures more carefully!



1. The most I’ve spent this last week was on...I'm not really sure.  I just checked my budget and I withdrew $40 cash last week and for the life of me I can't remember what I spent it on.  Hmmm...hope I had fun!



2. Today I feel...ambivalent towards money, a sort of love/hate relationship I guess. Love to receive it, hate to part with it lol!


3. Money can’t buy happiness. One free/inexpensive thing I did last week that made me happy was ....hanging out at the Starbucks at our local Chapters bookstore with Michael.  I had one of those free drink coupons they give you they make a mistake in your order and I had been saving it until they were selling pumpkin spice lattes again. We took our laptops and used the free wireless internet, browsed through the bookshelves and enjoyed each other's company. 


4. I will consider this week a success if...I don't spend the $20.00 that is currently in my wallet.


5. If I could grow one thing, it would be ...wait for it...my HAIR. I used to have long wavy auburn hair, if you imagine that, but as it turned grey it became rather wiry hence the very short "do".

3 comments:

  1. I have a difficult time (as you know) tracking cash. Wait... I have a difficult time using cash!! The debit card always pops up!
    It will be better this month... adjustments are sometimes difficult to get used to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane don,t you dare change your hair, it,s just so you.

    Yes doing this weekly money checkup keeps you on the straight and narrow, I hope you get to hang on to that $20

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa - can you leave your debit card at home??
    Maureen - don't worry - I won't be doing anything to this hair except trimming it ever shorter. If I grew it out a few inches I'm afraid I would look like a hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!