Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Hunt Continues...

http://www.amandajocharms.com.au/sales/CHARMS/Medical_Dental/1900/An_Arm_And_A_Leg_Charm/



Day One of the hunt for a replacement car that fits within the budgeted amount is over. I drove a few cars that were either too expensive or too crappy. Still looking for the middle road - a decent car with fairly low mileage that only costs an arm instead of an arm and a leg.

Going to see someone who is selling their cobalt privately tomorrow. I am hoping they didn't make a mistake on kijiji about the mileage because it is VERY low.  I haven't bought a car privately for a loooong time but am willing to try. I don't think I can talk to another used car salesman again tomorrow - I need break. But I only have the rental til Thursday night so the pressure is on...

But enough for now, must put my weary body to bed...
Cheers everybody:)

5 comments:

  1. Have you looked at Leasebusters?

    I almost went with them instead of repairing my Ford. I found a 2006 Honda Civic with 12 months remaining and buy-out at the end for $8000.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hoping this works out well for you.
    We have had good luck at buying privately and really it will all come down to the finally price and if it's a good deal for you.
    Plus you don't have to listen to any big sales pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't try Leasebusters - I don't know if there's one around here or not - not familiar with them, but thanks Karissa!
    Hi witch - ended up not going private after all but with a small dealership and they charged me $0 administration fee as opposed to $450 from the large dealership (I guess that's how they maintain their large waiting room with free cookies n'all!)
    Thanks Susanna!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought my little old car privately and have never regretted it. I think a private seller is a lot less shonky than some used car salesmen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!