Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Scenes from Sunday's (FREE) Walk

 Many thanks to psychsarah for suggesting this spot in London, ON for a walk - the colour palette is more limited at this time of year but there were still many miracles of nature to enjoy.
 The weather was simply glorious - brilliant sunshine and just enough of a nip in the air to make exercise comfortable.
 I thought this spot looked like fairy land - enchanting.
 Hills and valleys...challenging enough to feel it in your calf muscles and to make you huff and puff at little when you reached the top of an incline.
 Have you ever seen a more vibrant shade of blue?
 Dried up and dying - but still maintaining a graceful attitude.
 Enjoying the fleeting warmth of the sun - sunset today was at 5:02pm...sigh.
 I love the fall because: no flies, no bees, no mosquitoes:)
 Still a little colour and life to be found.
Why do these, whatever they are, remind me of Pekinese dogs?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, this is just what I needed after the day I've had today. Very peaceful, serene, and beautiful photos to soothe the soul.

    By the way, this is off-topic from your post, but I appreciate your comments on my blog, and my method of homemade accounting was so confusing I could not even follow it. So I totally re-vamped it and it shouldn't make anyone's eyes glaze over anymore. ;o) When you come back next time, the reading (and math) should be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was shitzu at first! nice scenery. Where was that place you photographed last year..think there was a nice LOW bridge ;-) like a walking path. It was really pretty too. Canada looks beautiful - much better than where I am!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very artsy pictures of nature, you do have an "eye"..read your review of bridges, I love Confederation Bridge, shorter ride than the ferry used to be..still not nice weather here however, cold and very windy..but the rained stopped for one day..heading up to Souris this afternoon, one of my favorite spots..where I got the picture of the gorgeous baby fox, love the lighthouse there and tiny, tiny church..love you L.Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you enjoyed it :) I haven't been lately due to traveling and schedules. I'm going to try and get back out there this weekend. Such different things to see as the seasons progress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 444 - I'll check it out (though I hope you weren't put out with me)and see if your changes make sense to me. You know, we all have a different way of looking at things - my methods might be confusing to you too! Sometimes my "tell it like it is" approach gets me into hot water but I can't abide beating around the bush:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susanna - yeah, funny dogfaced plant isn't it?
    I know the place you are referring to - it's called Coldstream conservation area - I really like it there too. It's out of town but we'll get there soon I'm sure. Canada is a beautiful country, that's for sure and HUGE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi LDee - haven't been to Souris yet, look forward to discovering the "singing sands". Any news on your red metal roof?

    ReplyDelete
  8. pictures are beautiful! Nothing like a peaceful walk (and free!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jane,
    Lovely pictures. I especially like the last one and you are right it does remind me also of a Pekinese dog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!