Tuesday, April 7, 2009

How You Know You're Ready to Retire


Don't get me wrong - I love my students. They are the reason I get up at 5:45am every morning, but I'm starting to see the signs....

1. Just when you got used to your right eye twitching your left eye starts to twitch too.

2. You are spending more on Tums and Tylenol than you are on food.

3. The glass of red wine at supper is being served up at 2:30pm.

4. You have to use the elevator to get to the second floor.

5. You can't read the blackboard from your desk.

6. My students are teaching me about computers.

7. You forget your name when you answer the phone.

8. You start spelling all the naughty words to your friends.

9. The yellow stains on your fingers (chalk, not nicotine) have become permanent.

10. You spend your lunch hour taking a nap.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I'm enjoying reading your blog! I found the link on your coment on Erin's Year of Living Frugal blog..I really enjoy the 'newsy' ones like yours and Erin's! I'm working on being more frugal..curious to see how I come out the end of the year - hope to see some progress!
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the positive comment Susanna - do you have a blog? I also enjoy the newsy blogs and enjoy seeing how many new ways people come up with to help make ends meet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a blog. I've tried to start one but my 'newsy' just seems to be endless rambling. I did start a written journal but with my scribbling it's hard to read so I'm debating doing a blog if for nothing else so I can read what I've written and motivate myself by being accountable. I've basically been too lazy to figure out how to do the layout and pictures and stuff..not that I have any pics to post! If I do get it up and going I'll let you know! So far I'm able to read yours and Erin's even at work..she hasn't posted lately though so I'm getting worried! Guess she's been busy but she mentioned being sick too.
    Anyways, very motivating and I enjoy seeing the similarities between Canada and here (I live near Houston TX way far from you!)
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susanna:
    Good to hear from you! It must be nice and warm in Houston - here we are just emerging from a long winter with a ton of snow.
    I checked out Erin's blog recently too and saw she hadn't posted lately. Hopefully she's just busy.
    I started my blog for the same reasons you were indicating - it's very motivating to stay on track when it's public. Not that I have many visitors but i've been at it less than a month. It's more for myself anyway but I do enjoy hearing from people, especially those far far away!
    Stay in touch and let me know how it's going and if I can help you in any way with the technical details - if I can do it anyone can! :p
    Hazelnut

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!