Tuesday, April 7, 2009
How You Know You're Ready to Retire
Don't get me wrong - I love my students. They are the reason I get up at 5:45am every morning, but I'm starting to see the signs....
1. Just when you got used to your right eye twitching your left eye starts to twitch too.
2. You are spending more on Tums and Tylenol than you are on food.
3. The glass of red wine at supper is being served up at 2:30pm.
4. You have to use the elevator to get to the second floor.
5. You can't read the blackboard from your desk.
6. My students are teaching me about computers.
7. You forget your name when you answer the phone.
8. You start spelling all the naughty words to your friends.
9. The yellow stains on your fingers (chalk, not nicotine) have become permanent.
10. You spend your lunch hour taking a nap.