- Increase total savings from $56,398 to $67,000 over the next 12 months (this is long-term savings only: RSPs (interest only) and TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account)
- Save $600 towards the purchase of a new camera
- Save $1200 towards condo redecorating
- Save $1200 to add to my Emergency Fund currently sitting at $1527
- Save $960 to pay for Crofters Lane house insurance and property tax currently sitting at $160
- Save $1500 for Christmas and Birthdays for 2012
- Save $2880 for Crofters Lane maintenance and travel expenses next summer currently sitting at $480
- AND decrease my Line of Credit from $34,300 to $9,700 over the next 12 months
- continue to follow my current zero-based budgeting style (it works for me...most of the time:)
All of these accounts are already set up with automatic deposits/payments. All I have to do (HAH!) is not overspend because if I do then it reduces either savings or debt payments and I don't want that to happen because I am working towards:
Yes, ladies and gents, I am talking about being debt-free in 16 months at which time that $2,000 per month currently going towards debt repayment will then be channeled into my long-term savings. Hopefully by then Stephen Harper will have increased the limit on our Tax Free Savings Accounts to $10,000 per year from its current limit of $5,000 but I won't hold my breath, damn politicians!!
My personal goals are also going to be plain and simple - not simple in that they are easy to achieve, but simple in that they are clear and straight forward.
- Get my weight back under 130 lbs. Folks, I'm barely 5'3" and I'll be damned if I'm going out and buying all new pants to replace the ones that fit just fine up until a year and a half ago! Yes, menopause does wreak havoc on the waistline but I'm not giving up yet. What I won't do is put a deadline on it - that's just a recipe for failure. And I'm NOT buying pants with a stretchy waistband - that's just a cop out!
- Exercise everyday. Lunchtime - 30 minute power walk 5 days a week, work out in my school's cardio/weight room 2 times a week (Tues. and Thurs.), ride my stationary bike at home 3 times a week (Mon. Wed. and Sat.) and go hiking every Sunday. I know this looks complex but I'm already doing it so it's easy peasy. Do the scissors exercise once a day - see Sarah's instructions HERE!
- Find reasons to be happy every day!!
- Tell my wee family I love them every day!!
- Find a reason to laugh every day!!
- Be grateful every morning that I woke up!!
In my next post I'll expand on my personal goals to show you the thinking behind them. How are YOUR goals coming along??