There is nothing to show you from the workshop today. I've taken a few days off from the fun stuff to get some of the household projects completed. I have a very long to do list and have knocked off a few things this week.
- first I painted the crown moulding in the living room. It has needed doing for a couple of years now (not exactly a speed demon am I?) I couldn't decide whether to continue the wall colour or paint it the ceiling colour - not that there's a huge difference. The walls are painted "White Swan" and the ceiling is also white - not sure it has a name. Finally, after consultation with my seester I painted them "White Swan." Such a non-exciting project - no wonder I kept putting it off. But I'm glad it's finally done. CHECK
- Repaint the white kitchen shelf using the RIGHT paint this time so it doesn't flake off, get stained etc. I'm glad I have CAA as it took 20% off the cost of the paint! CHECK
- Remove wallpaper from a small hall wall hahaha! The other walls of the foyer had been re-wallpapered close to 2 years ago! I wasn't putting up wallpaper on this wall however, I was painting it ? ............ yes WHITE!! You got it first try! ....to match the wall along the staircase. Put up hooks removed when I began redecorating 2 years ago. Put shelf back up above the hall tree. Put new batteries in door bell thingy. Put candle holders back up by foyer mirror.
- paint other kitchen shelf white. Started and will complete today!
- repainted powder room baseboards, foyer baseboards and small hall wall baseboards. No photos but you can trust me on that! CHECK
And here are the photos...
|The previous redecorating of the front foyer - ignore the messy floor.|
|Stripping off the really old wallpaper.|
|This shows the hooks I put back up to hold hats and scarves. Also the shelf above the hall tree.|
|This is just a dead space that I've given a purpose.|
|My hat and scarf hooks - don't remember where I bought them.|
|On the shelf - a beautiful pot I bought while on holiday with Kazi in Quebec and one of my soapstone pieces. Above is the painting I bought from my artist brother, Kim, last November - it finally has a home!|
|The view from the dining room.|
|The kitchen shelf painted in extreme white melamine paint.|
|To the left is the other shelf that will be painted Extreme White.|
|The final transformation with 2 baskets for hats and gloves. Oh, and a Lily.|
|A close up reveals a gargoyle hanging over the ledge.|
|There, that's better.|
|Once I've had lunch I'll get back to work!|