taken by Michael Duhaney at Bayfield, Ontario
Yes, it was one of those days, and if tomorrow wasn't Friday and the beginning of March break I'd be a little worried about myself AND my sanity, but one more day? I can make it.
The problem? Well there was more than one. First I had an EA call in sick. Unfortunately a lot of EAs around the board called in sick today so no replacement was available so we were shorthanded all day. So, of course this is the day that my "broken angel" becomes aggressive and a number of other students have "off" days. We made it through the day but it was extremely stressful. I did something today that I've never done before - when it was my planning time at 1:00pm I left my classroom, went to the staffroom, sat on the couch and buried my face in a newspaper. Usually I stay in my classroom and work, but today I just had to get out of there.
Blechh. I just want to go to bed. But first I must count my blessings...
- Michael sent me supportive emails to help me through the day
- when he picked me up from work he had bought a bottle of wine so that I could go home, put my feet up and relax with a nice glass of red
- he made an amazing pot of soup with chicken, tomatoes, lentils, onions mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so good!
- he saved me the chicken wing - my favourite part!
- my daughter went and got me a decaf coffee from Timmy's and gave me a big hug
- my sister-in-law, who is in hospital with pneumonia is making some progress and was finally moved from emerg to a semi-private room
- Keith Urban is playing on my iPod
- I can see my snowdrops again, the rain is washing away the snow
P.S. Hey, I was pretty concise after all!