Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Crofters Lane - Dream #1

     "I'm dreaming of a green spring-time...just like the ones we used to know....."

What is cuter than a bird in a saucer I ask you??  I love birds - my dad knew every bird and every bird song and built and erected hundreds of bird houses and winter feeding stations around the area where I grew up. He won a trophy for helping to bring bluebirds back to Southwestern Ontario. Yup, he did.

My hope is to plant bushes and trees that will attract all sorts of bird life to Crofters Lane. That's one of my dreams. I came across a neat post on Facebook a week ago that had a picture of many common birds and when you clicked on them you would hear their song. I was able, at long last, to identify a birdsong that I hear all summer long in PEI - it's just a song sparrow but I love the sound as it's quite long and has a lot of different complex sounds to it. Speaking of sparrows that pudgy little guy above also perched on my big toe from time to time but I wasn't able to snap a photo of it.

I'll try again next summer!! :)

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/nature/birds/bird_songs_interactive.html

2 comments:

  1. livingrichonthecheapFebruary 19, 2014 at 7:52 PM

    I love birds, I find it so relaxing to watch them. That bird is a little on the fat side though :) As my Mom would say, portly. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a perfect life!!!! I'm looking forward to all of your posts about you new and shiny life.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!