Monday, December 12, 2011

Ooooooh what a busy...

weekend it was!  After work on Friday I finished my shopping - hurrah hurrah! I also picked up milk and fruit at No Frills and two poinsettias - one for my neighbour and one for us! 


On Saturday I cleaned and decorated. The cleaning and decluttering resulted in two box loads for Talize and 2 winter coats plus a box full of scarves and mittens being donated for our annual coat drive at school. 


 Some decorations in our foyer...
 I tried to be good Santa, really I did...
 My favorite combo this year - Christmas tree in an old clock case that I refinished.
One of several gifts from my still Secret Santa...but someone who has/had access to the red PEI sand and shells....hmmmmm....that narrows the field somewhat...
Thank you Miss Santa - I am loving my gifts - one is rapidly disappearing!! and I can't wait to sink my eye teeth (har har) into that BOOK! Yeehaw - I know what I'm going to be doing in a couple of weeks when I'm on holidays, laying on the couch ignoring everyone around me while I enjoy what looks like a truly great READ!! I'm so excited!
Kazi's plaster hand print from when she was one year old - a prized possession:)
Donations - books, coats, boots, housecoat, hats, mitts, scarves...


On Sunday we went and cut down our Christmas tree, or rather, Michael did all of the work while I drank hot chocolate, ate cookies and took pictures!  It was just the two of us this year as my daughter was involved in boyfriend drama! I spent much time consoling this weekend - things are still up in the air - she's over at his house as I write this having another heart to heart. Personally, I don't think he deserves her, but that's up to her to figure out.
 We spent about 20 minutes tromping back and forth between Trees A, B and C, and finally went with A. 
 Yup, this is it, I'm pretty sure...
 My "manly" man!
 He never carries ME around like that!   (Darn it!)
 Oh look, that tree has legs!!
 Hmmmm...I think the tree is bigger than our car!
The tree with just its lights. We call it the "dancing tree" as its always boogying to the left or the right - it never stays still. I think its the fattest tree we've ever had.


Finally, I would like to thank "Finding my Way" over at The Quest to be Financially Abundant for nominating me for the following award:


Oh, and by the way Sam over at It's Me, Sam also nominated me for this award! How about them apples! What does liebster mean??


"Liebster means friend in German so this is pretty much the best award ever! There’s no tell-us-seven-things rule to go along with this award. It’s sole purpose is to connect bloggers, specifically those with less than 200 followers."




Because I don't really follow rules very well, I am dedicating this award to all of you, my blogging friends. Without the connection we have with each other we wouldn't exist.  I may not see you in the flesh, but I know you're always there ready to celebrate, commiserate and hold my "hand" when I need it. Thank you for being there for me through thick and thin. I really do appreciate each and every wacky one of you!!


And now, I'm off to Trenton!

12 comments:

  1. I have a big list of things to do in Trenton ready to send to you. :)
    canadianbunny at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that photo of Michael holding the tree. So Paul Bunyan.

    Nice decluttering too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daughters and broken hearts! I am positive that she is to good for him though. I love the decorations and your still decluttering, you really got alot done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy the photography you post at the opening of your blog. They're beautiful and I can always imagine a story to go with them. Thank you for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was so kind of you to take photos of Michael working. I'm sure he appreciated that. ha!
    Don't worry, I know you probably did more than that. You know, like direct him on how to tie the tree to the car and stuff.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. how fun!!! And I love the pic of Michael with the tree over the shoulder ~ that should be the Christmas Card this year :)

    Your tree looks perfect in the corner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tree shots; now THOSE are entertaining! Michael is such a ham for the camera, ha ha.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house looks great and I feel so bad for your daughter. I've had to help Anna through a messy break up and it wasn't fun. You are a good mamma.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cute Christmas tree! It looks adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jane,
    Wow what a beautiful Christmas tree you guys picked out. Michael sure knows how to pick them. I just love the smell of a real tree in the house
    Can't wait to see it decorated.
    Hopefully your daughter's boyfriend drama works out for the best. All you can do at this point is be supportive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, I LOVE the fat tree! And you are right, it looks like it's dancing!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!