Wednesday, May 7, 2014

These Boots were made for Walking...


Hee hee Michelle guessing I spent Sunday online because of a new man in my life...um....no!

I've planned my first trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I think it's perfect! This September while teachers are headed back to school I'll be headed to the Cotswolds for a walking tour. www.cotswoldwalks.com

I'm doing a self-guided tour called "Best of the Cotswolds" (don't want to spend my days on someone else's schedule. I'll be walking through the country side from village to village, pub to pub, B&B/hotel to...well you get the idea. My "hosts" arrange the accommodations for me as well as providing maps/guide books and transporting my luggage for me. I have all of the fun and none of the hassles. And my hosts are only a phone call away in case I run into problems (read: get lost!) So I'll be independent but looked after, so to speak.

The walking tour lasts 9 days, then I'll be off on the train to NORWICH for a few days, staying at another B&B. My B&B is a farm a few kms away from Norwich. They have bicycles guests can use for free so I'll be biking into Norwich as well as the surrounding villages. One of the villages is called Dickleburgh where some of my ancestors lived.

In this thatched cottage to be exact. (Chilvers, on my paternal grandmother's side) Of course the cottage is no longer standing; however the village still is and I yearn to walk the same streets as my ancestors. And the pub (The Dickleburgh Crown) has been around for hundreds of years - perhaps I can sit on the same stool as Grandpa Chilvers!!

So that is my mystery and I am just a wee bit excited!!!!

10 comments:

  1. witchisland.blogspot.caMay 7, 2014 at 4:42 PM

    Jane,
    So Happy for you. I'm sure you will have a great time.
    Now you have so much to look forward too.
    Can't wait to see a picture of you having a drink in the pub.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO JEALOUSSSS!!!! Give England a big kiss from me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I'll have to take some "selfies"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Costwolds! Spent a lot of time round about when I was a child.
    ENJOY!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like fun....except for all that walking stuff. lolz
    Should be a great time of year there for it and very pretty.
    Have a pint or three for me.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. livingrichonthecheapMay 8, 2014 at 9:59 PM

    Wow, sounds exciting! Be sure to take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. See that's where the walking comes in - walking off all of those pints!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It fits my idyllic view of England :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great holiday you have planned. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!