Sunday, February 28, 2016

My First Scarf!

Yes, I took a lot of photos of my newly crocheted scarf!! It took a couple of weeks of evening TV watching to complete it. I used 2 skeins of acrylic yarn that was on sale in the clearance bin for $1.49 each! So...it's a $3.00 scarf!

 I didn't follow a pattern. I just used a double crochet stitch from start to finish. I don't know how many stitches per row as I just did a row of chain stitch until I thought it was wide enough :) I'm
such a rebel!

I know there are sections where my tension varied a bit...but who's gonna know??

 My scarf is kitty approved!

 It's nice and long for only 2 skeins of yarn! Hmmmm...my coat seems to have grown a tail!

It's long enough to double it and pull the ends through :)  Do you see kitty legs?

Wherever gramma goes....

...a closeup - it has about 4 different colours in it....oops, I see a spot where I need to trim. One of the skeins had a few knots in it :(

Peek a boo!

I see you!  Whatcha doin' gramma??

It goes around my neck several times. I've been wearing it proudly!!

Such a poser you are Luna! With her favourite toy - a piece of ribbon :)

And that's that! Next up is an infinity scarf using a super bulky yarn. I've found a youtube video that I'm going to follow...unless my inner rebel takes over! I bought 3 skeins of a black/grey blend which is all the way down in the TV room or otherwise I'd take a photo of it! Well, it is Sunday ya know - I'll take photos later :) It's supposed to get up to a whopping 12c today so I'll be rambling through Kilally meadows again.

Here's a few photos from my last hike through (last Tuesday I believe...)
If I get tired  I can have a little sit down.

Some trees have been trimmed and an enterprising soul built a little lean to.  It looks kind of cosy in there!  From the front (can you see my little head?)

From the side...

 I think the bridge is going to need some repair this year. I posted a pic of this bridge a couple weeks ago and the water was almost at the top of the bridge! I'm glad the flooding is receding but it is leaving a mess in its wake.

Loch Nessie?

Normally this area isn't under water but we've had a lot of rain this winter.

What's your Sunday game plan??


1 comment:

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!