Thursday, June 5, 2014

Moncton, N.B.

I meant to write something light and frivolous today but I am glued to live coverage of the tragedy currently unfolding in Moncton, New Brunswick.  A very sick young man, Justin Bourque is the subject of a huge manhunt while a large portion of the city remains under lockdown. Last night Bourque ambushed, shot and killed 3 members of the RCMP and injured 2 others. He has issues with authority and is rumoured to have a death wish while taking as many police officers with him as possible.

I have a friend in college in Moncton and she is currently heading back to her home on the island. I just checked Facebook and she's back on PEI soil now. Thank goodness! Other friends are about 40km north of Moncton which is still too close for my comfort. Schools are closed, buses not running and the poor folks living inside the area that is locked down have to stay in their homes and keep their doors locked. My worry is Bourque will become cornered and take hostages. Please pray for a peaceful outcome to this tense situation with no one else killed or injured. Unless of course it's Bourque.

OK, now I need lightness and purity and beauty so here are a few flower shots from the past few days:


 My friend, Jules, gave me a little rose plant - it was in a plastic pot so thought I'd transfer it into something a bit more permanent. It should continue to flower all summer, no?


More of my favourite flowers are blooming - columbines! I started with a white plant and a purple plant and now I have hybrids! They are so beautiful! He who shall not be named pulled them all up once thinking they were weeds, thankfully a couple survived and are now spreading again.
There is one small clump of deep purple ones but at the time of photo taking they hadn't opened up yet, but they are now I think.


And finally a shot of my one long-stemmed rose that I received at my union dinner a week ago - it's still doing well. I do love a good rose :) I'll have to find a protected sunny spot out east and try my hand at growing roses.

Oh, and one more thing...

I am officially going to the dogs heeheehee and boy is it ever fun!
Can I hear a collective ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!