I had a number of ripening fruits and veggies that I needed to get creative with. So I popped a pepper squash in the oven to roast. Then I cut up a whole cauliflower that was starting to get a wee bit droopy and put it on the stove to steam. While that was cooking I started to sautee some onion, carrots, celery and peas to which I added some previously cooked brown rice and a couple of eggs. I also hardboiled some eggs to add to salads.
I pureed the cauliflower and added spices so now have lots of creamy yummy soup. I have a nice big container of veggie fried rice and 1/2 a squash left to eat as I couldn't resist last night and ate the first half.
Odds and Sods:
- still trying to figure out how to heat my house in PEI
- will post some juicing recipes soon, I promise LENA!
- will update the March challenge soon CARLA!
- and SAM - I will hold you to that visit this summer. I'm thrilled that you want to come!!!
- and best of all..................(drum roll please.....)..............
Meet the new Marketing and Communications Coordinator for Jones Packaging Inc.!!!
She starts this Monday!!! I'll be on March break so should I pack a little lunch for her first day?? I'm so proud my buttons are bursting off!