Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Bracebridge, ON

Remembering our mother in Bracebridge, ON....a quilt is on display in the Bracebridge Library upon which my oldest sister ensured our mother was memorialized: In Loving Memory of Edith (Jane) Harrison :) 

                                             

And here is my other sister and one of my brothers pointing to the quilt - it looks like my sister has her pointing finger in my brother's ear!
Earlier this summer I posted a photo of a flower (a mix of white and fuschia Dame's Rocket) that showed polymorphism - two differently coloured flowers of the same species which had morphed into a blend of the two colours -
Apparently hydrangea can morph as well - white.....
...plus pink...
...equals a beautiful mix of the two colours!
These flowers were out front and along the side of our Airbnb in Utterson.

While out walking one day we came across some photo-worthy subjects - a sweet book-reading nook in an artfully bent tree...
 And below - she's no dummy! A creative garden display :)
In Gravenhurst we tried out some craft beer at Sawdust City Brewing Co. I wanted to get my photo taken in a huge Muskoka chair beside the brewery but the shorts I was wearing were made of a slippery material so I didn't dangle my legs over the edge for fear of sliding right off. Getting down was easy as I turned around and slid down on my bottom.


Here's my sister and I having a good laugh about something that I can't remember...
 And the three of us outside the Chinese "all you can eat" buffet - I definitely got my money's worth! We all did!
And there you have it - another year, another adventure in Bracebridge...I'll show you my purchases in my next post if I can remember what I bought! Yes...my memory doesn't work as well as it used to!

4 comments:

  1. That craft beer might also have something to do with your memory not working well. teehee

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hydrangeas are so delicate and pretty! Hydrangeas seem out of fashion these days which is a pity. A hardy evergreen with pretty flowers is a handy thing in a garden!

    I love your short hair and I'm pleased you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sluggy - I have no doubt about that! :)
    Kylie - I've always loved hydrangea - at a trailer I once owned I planted a climbing hydrangea which grew up the side of a shed - beautiful! Thanks for your comment about my hair - I love how easy it is to care for other than cutting in twice a month which I do myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting caught up! LOVE the hydrangea! Am dying to plant some behind our garage and prettify a rugged looking spot...
    You found some awesome finds thrifting!! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!