Sunday, July 30, 2017

Take PRIDE

This year, more than ever, we need to celebrate PRIDE festivities with an open and loving heart. Donald Trump's hateful tweets, statements and attitude incites hatred towards people who are just trying to live their lives the best way they know how. Just like the rest of us. We all know gay people - what's wrong with them?

NOT A DAMN THING!!

This is one of a few rainbow crosswalks in my city. They make me proud. I'm also proud that London has a fantastic 11 day long Pride Festival with new events being added every year. This year The Royal Bank of Canada sponsored a 1km run and a 5km run which brought together athletes of all colours and was aptly called "Run with Pride"!  

The highlight of the festival is the parade on the final day - TODAY!!
So soon I'll be biking down town to cheer on all of the people who take part - the churches, the police, the fire fighters, the unions, the politicians (yes, even them!), those marching with family members who are LGBT - it's a blast!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!