Saturday, July 1, 2017

Spherical Spheres and Qualicum Beach

I was really looking forward to my stay in "Eve", at Spiritual Spheres near Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island. I had told the person I booked my stay with months ago that it was my birthday treat to myself. They remembered and their many yummy touches really made my day! 

From the birthday banner on Eve...

...to the many treats - my breakfasts were all looked after...

...which included a couple of mimosas!

The yummiest cheesecake with a side of grapes, strawberries and chocolates:)

Even a sprig of lilacs & my favourite breakfast of  yogurt, granola & berries...


I had a wonderful 3 nights to say the least...I tried to stay awake to enjoy my sphere but each night I dropped off to sleep in minutes...

The first night I looked out of one of the windows and spotted this fellow reading below in a pile of dead leaves - later he made an appearance in one of my dreams :)

The view looking down to my picnic table and the pretty pond beyond...

I really enjoyed the views of the pond as I sat writing in my journal each night...

...especially when the moon came out...

This was the view from the windows of Eve...

The eating area though I always ate outside...

 ...the counter where I kept all of my goodies, snacks, water, cooler bag etc...

...the spiral staircase to get to my sphere... the first couple of times going up I was so careful but by the next day I was running up and down no problem...Look ma, no hands!!

The surrounding trees made for magical walks...

My composting bathroom - this was for those times in the night when you just gotta go...which I did, once a night. Each sphere had its own "mushroom"!

...hanging around...



 ...this was a beautiful spot to sit and enjoy the pond and the birds - peacocks too! I heard them but never saw them - the owner told me they lived on the property next to his.

Further away from the sphere was my own private washroom complete with sink, shower, towels and bathrobe. There was also a sauna that I made good use of after hiking each day but I don't have any photos of that.



Oops, there I am :)

This is the office sphere of Spiritual Spheres...  I have linked up to their website if you want to check it out.

It was a bit pricey but well worth it for the experience. Would I go back again? In a heartbeat! They are also heated so people stay all year round. The owners told me they turn down a lot of bookings as they only have 3 spheres so they are looking for more land to expand.

This building held the private washrooms, the sauna and a small kitchen for meal preparation. There was also a BBQ.

One little friend I was able to capture.

ALL over the property there were rocks and flowerpots and signs with positive messages.





I ate dinner at a place called The Shady Rest (yes, like Petticoat Junction:) and it served the best chicken caesar salad I've ever eaten - so I ate it every night!! It was about 5 or 6kms from the Spiritual Spheres and looked across Salish Sea to Lasqueti Island. 

And had a fabulous view while eating! 




I could definitely live there...if I could afford it:)
Next up - the hikes I did while staying at the Spiritual Spheres...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!