Today is a "post day" as I have shifted from posting daily to posting every other day and commenting on my "off-post" days.
- my dear friend Maureen awarded me with the lovely Liebster Award!! Thanks Mau - here are five things you may not know about me: a) I was the "after thought " baby - my parents had 2 girls then 2 boys.....then 4 years later I showed up :) SURPRISE!!! b) I started turning grey in my 20's and dyed my hair til I was 40, then gave up. I have had more compliments about my salt and pepper 1/4 inch long hair now than anytime previously c) I have a weakness for candy; especially black licorice and dark chocolate with sea salt d) my best girlfriend growing up is now a man (that should be it's own post don't you think??) e) when I was little I wanted to be a ballerina in the worst way, but in my little village the only lessons available were skating lessons or piano lessons...I chose the piano and can still play some of my childhood songs by memory:)
- I won a gorgeous set of purple coasters from Debby - I can't wait to get them in the mail. I have decided to take them out east with me this summer. I'll use them on my idyllic front veranda!
- I also won a $25.00 gift certificate from Little Lamb. She recently became consumer debt FREE! and celebrated by encouraging everyone to participate in some form of physical exercise. I vowed to complete a 25km bike ride so my name was entered in her draw. I told Little Lamb that I would use the money to make another Kiva loan so she sent me a Kiva gift certificate. I made my 16th Kiva loan with that $25.00 gift certificate. I am thrilled that I could put my winnings to such good use.
- I DID NOT complete the 10 Pound Challenge successfully. However, I did lose 11 pounds since last September. BUT, since this challenge began in January I've only lost 8 pounds. I'm very pleased with where I'm at weight wise though I will continue to watch what I eat. This is one challenge that I'm not too upset about losing- my clothes fit so much better and I feel I have healthy eating habits well established. That's not to say that I don't ever indulge! Why, just tonight we went to Swiss Chalet to continue our heart to heart talk and then indulged in icecream. BUT the majority of the time I'm very conscious about what I eat. I'm just not completely RIGID about it.
- I have joined the Tasmanian Minimalist in her NO FRIPPERIES APRIL and until tonight I was doing really well with many no spend days under my belt. But tonight, Michael and I were having such a great heart to heart talk no one was making supper so we decided to go to Swiss Chalet and continue our talk. I unloaded about my day and it continued on to discussions about our kids, our previous relationships and so on. Well worth the $$$!! I don't call heart to heart talks FRIPPERIES!!
So there you have it. You win some, you lose some. But...Oh What a Night!! Now I'm off to continue the 3rd book of the Hunger Games trilogy. These are the best books I've read since the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. Run, don't walk, to your nearest book store and buy these books!! Actually I bought the second and third books via Amazon as a download to my Kindle as they were around $7 and $5 respectively. Considering my daughter paid about $20 for the first book at Chapters the downloads were a BARGAIN!! Michael's starting the first book tonight...when he's done we'll go see the movie - can't wait!!
Tomorrow's FRIDAY!! WOO HOO!! I love short work weeks! Hope y'all have had a better week than me!!