1. What is your favourite colour? Well, I know what's NOT my favourite colour!! The colour of mud!! Or the grey drab drear of early springtime before I, the SUNSHINE start to bring up those long-awaited for sprouts which now are turning into early spring flowers: the variegated pinks of my crabapple tree; the luscious pure white and vibrant green of my lily of the valley and the deeper pinks/fuschia of my bleeding heart. I can't really lay claim to only one colour as my favourite...I guess if I HAD to state a preference it would be for the colour combination of blue, purple and green. Like this eye candy!!
3. What is your favourite number? I'll go with SEVEN on this one not that it's brought me any luck, I just like it is all. I come from a family of SEVEN, maybe that has something to do with it. My daughter was the 7th grandchild and she's pretty lucky. SEVEN it is!!
Excuse me a second, the wind is blowing rather briskly today (we're under a "wind warning" right now) and just blew two photographs off a table...be right back!
I'm back...one of the photos was this one:
LOOK AT THAT - MY FAMILY OF SEVEN (cue Twilight Zone music.......)!!!!!!!
4. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Oh, c'mon....what fun is that?? Ok...since I can I'll include one of each: take some 7-UP, add a shot of Sour Raspberry and you've got - a yummy drink!! Or....take some white wine, some tonic and some Sour Green Apple and you've got - another yummy drink!! Oops, those BOTH have alcohol.....ok ok I've got one - vanilla soy milk!! YUM!!
5. Which do you prefer - Facebook or Twitter? Well, I have both but rarely use either - it's just really not my cup of tea. I feel so pressured to be witty or wise or succinct, which you surely know by now I'm NOT, succinct that is...
6. What is your passion? What...just one....again?? Since I can only choose one I'll choose READING......... about all of my other passions.....hahaha! I win!
7. Do you prefer giving or receiving presents - that's easy - BOTH!! I cannot tell a lie (well, I can, but not right now) I love getting surprises - it means someone's thought about MOI!! And then I love to do the same especially when it's least expected!
8. What's your favourite pattern? Finally I can give you a straight answer without any deviation from the truth or added embellishment for fun - my favourite pattern is PAISLEY without a doubt, not a nano-second of hesitation! See that chair that my mom is sitting in while she was no doubt fixing my droopy drawers and then some unknown
lay in it upside down, sideways, head on the floor & bum on the chair, legs over the top & back on the seat and a multitude of other creative positions. When my mother finally decided to get rid of that lumpy and threadbare chair I whined and cried until she relented....at least until such time as I left home. I don't know why I didn't take it with me - she probably had it whisked away the second I mentioned moving out!!
9. What is your favourite day of the week? I like Fridays the best as I still have the weekend stretching out in front of me. Sorry, no punchline on this one.
10. What is your favourite flower? I would have to say lily of the valley wins hands down. They say the sense of smell triggers more memories than any other sense and the fragrance of lily of the valley takes me back to a time of lost innocence, when I could run around the yard (and other people's yards too) with not a worry in the world or a care about my safety - I knew I was safe and loved and happy.
And now....a drum roll please...I must pass the Sunshine Award on to a couple of blogs that make me smile :p so here goes...
1. SLUGGY @ http://simpleslug.blogspot.ca/ (her quirky sense of humour always gives me a laugh!)
2. CARLA @ http://halfdozendaily.typepad.com/my-half-dozen-daily/ (Carla has a self-deprecating sense of humour and never takes life too seriously!)
3. DEBBY @ http://myblog-nannysplace.blogspot.ca/ ( I love reading about how Debby juggles her "grands" AND her sewing efforts which are prodigious by the way!)
4. MAUREEN @ http://towardsretirementwithdebt.blogspot.ca/ (Maureen is the "come-back" kid and I love cheering her on!)
5. AND MY BIG SISTER LANNIE (who has always called me "sunshine" awwww, it's true!) @ http://gardeningandpoetry.blogspot.ca/ (She's the one holding me in the family photo!)