I'm back to using my fingers splint again thanks to a bad hit in volleyball last week though it doesn't hurt as much this time around. But it does make typing a challenge :)
All around this has been a challenging week or so. The son of my first cousin, so my second cousin, passed away at the age of 50, from cancer. During his cancer battle his dad was also being treated for a brain tumour. Then an aunt passed away a few days ago and when I went to the funeral home I saw a notice that an old friend from childhood days and to whom I was related to by marriage had passed away - another battle lost to cancer.
|Hey Darth - did you drop something?|
Okay, really didn't plan on going off on a tangent there! Sometimes it just happens.
- my share of the car insurance has shrunk by $10 a month - I'll take it!
- internet has decreased by $30 a month - hurrah! (now I'm going to look for a better, cheaper cell phone plan)
- I'm on a 10 month property tax plan so no taxes to pay this month or next :)
- I budgeted $70 for heat, hot water heater and dryer and it came to only $54!
- I budgeted $70 for electricity but don't have that bill yet - in winter we use an electric fireplace in the TV room so that it's nice and cozy in there, down there?
- I increased my food budget for December and have $80 set aside for gas. I may use it all this month what with trips out of town but that's ok.
- The budget is balanced and hopefully I can keep spending in check. I must admit I've been tempted to buy new clothes, new hiking boots etc but so far so good. Tis the season for shopping but not on myself!! Not til the new year and boxing day sales!!
Sorry. Not sorry.
That wraps up my update for today. How are your Christmas preparations going?