Among my other trail injuries is a Harry Potter lightning bolt shaped scratch on my forehead from pushing into a thicket to get some a--hole's empty water bottle. I HATE litterers! As soon as Kazi saw it she asked (sensitively-HAH!) "how'd ya get the Harry Potter forehead?" I also have another scrape and bruise on my forehead from bending over to clean out the kittys' litter boxes and I whacked my head on the laundry tub!
So I have to stay home til I get healed up - I'm not allowed out in public!
So here's what I accomplished today (so far...):
- made oat scones
- made granola
I think I should be called Oaty McOatface!! Hahahahahaha! Click HERE if you're not sure of my reference :)
I think I hit my head too hard!
- I finished my first infinity scarf - now that summer's on its way.....
- the cats got into a hissy fit over the cat beds so I had to separate them. For some reason they both prefer the FIRST bed I bought and neither wants to use the other two for Pete's sake! So Lily "volunteered" to use one of the newer beds and of course I had to take cute pet photos :)
|Luna- the big fat balloona!|
- a piece of paint got chipped off my LOVE decor item so I mixed up some green and blue acrylic paints and touched it up!
- I worked on couple other things in the workshop - the piece below fell and got chipped so I had to smooth that out plus I'm flattening the top (it was rounded) so that it can hold a beautiful rock once it's polished.
- I worked on another small piece and have the final shape figured out - it's going to be a shadow box carving. (I didn't feel like polishing today.
- I went around the entire house to find the perfect spot for this little art piece below - it's one of my Talize $1.99 finds when my seester and I went thrifting - I haven't shown you ANY of the great stuff I got - that's another post I guess. I hope I can remember what I bought! I fell in love with this - the frame is great and the silver/silver-plated/steel??? work is so intricate and far eastern-ish.
The photo below shows its new home.
So that's my day - it was pretty productive. Oh, and I also read for awhile. See, I get a lot done when I don't go outside!
Did you have a productive day? Any new injuries lately?
Now for a beer!