Thursday, April 21, 2016

Bike Bum


There is nothing I like better than riding my bike. With the wonderful weather we've been having lately I've taken to the trails and the streets with sheer joy...except for one thing...
the pain of "bicycle bum"...

Whoever thought that one of the largest parts of our body, the bum, would be comfortable on such a small seat??? I am suffering today like you wouldn't believe.



Or, more specifically, my "sits bones" are suffering today.
The most common causes of sore sits bones are: a saddle that is too soft (imagine that!), prolonged sitting in the saddle, and saddle height that is too high.  So maybe putting the memory foam saddle cover on the bike seat was the wrong thing to do??

Perhaps I should wear one of these?

Or, even better...

...a LAWNCHAIR seat!! Hee, hee, hee, no, seriously!!

I find if I keep sitting back further on the saddle then the pain is relieved - it's just that I'm forever moving forward on the saddle for some reason. I'll have to check and see if I can change the slant of the saddle to keep me from sliding forward...if not, then...

...I might just have to try a western saddle! Yes, I can actually get one of these from Amazon!! What doesn't Amazon sell??

Any other avid cyclists out there??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!