Well, happy until I look at my budget this month. I've been pointedly ignoring it the past couple of weeks and it hasn't been doing too well on its own. Don't ever leave your budget to look after itself...just sayin'...
Is March like the longest month of the year? It's only the 13th today for Pete's sake! Already I've transferred small amounts of money from savings into chequing to cover things...possibly but highly unlikely I might have $$ at the end of the month to put back into my savings but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
So what has the misc budget been spent on so far this month??
- my lovely new Merrell hiking sandals shown above around half-price $66.00 (includes taxes) I'm somewhat optimistic that spring, summer and fall WILL OCCUR at some point this year and when they do I'll be ready!! These give me an alternative to my hiking boots - I might even be able to wear them occasionally when hiking Hadrian's Wall when/if the weather is nice. At the very least I can wear them each day after hiking to give my feet a break! I just started wearing them around the house and I feel as though I have nothing on my feet.
- expensive eye drops and omega 3 vitamins to combat "dry eye" syndrome (I'm so tired of winter and it's effects on my body!!) $32.00
- some household things from Dollarama (oh...and candy!) $17.00
- load my Timmy's card - $15.00
- income tax software - $21.00
- donation to help bring Nate home $20.00
- truck repair $11.00
- movie $10.00
- utilities (I underestimated both my electricity and natural gas - damn winter!!) $15.00
- Ancestry.ca membership $192.00 (I swear this gets more expensive every year!)
- Take-out food from Hong Pings $43.00
- Wine - $20.00
- Giant Tiger (jacket & chocolate bar) $32.00
That comes to a total of.....$494.00. I have $306 left in misc for a total of $800. Since my misc budget is set at $600 that means I've pulled $200 out of savings. I still have over 18 days left in March!! Yikes! I am REALLY going to try to make many of those NO SPEND DAYS!!
The good news is I received over $800 in interest payments this month and am anxiously awaiting my tax refund to be deposited (over $1200). These monies will all go towards travelling this year. I have possibly 4 trips in the offing from a 4 day weekend to 2 weeks in England. AND I'm hoping to buy a trailer soon.
Bye bye money!!
Anyone else having an expensive month?