Sunday, February 14, 2010

Coldstream

What a perfect day for a walk and the nature trail of Coldstream (just a few miles northwest of London) was perfection itself. The sun was shining brilliantly which provided a canvas for some beautiful reflection shots, like the little sculptured bit of snow hanging a couple of centimetres over the stream above, and the temperature, about -5C, was just right for hiking.


Everywhere I looked there were photo-worthy tableaus: exposed tree roots providing homes for hobbits, symmetrical water reflections, stands of tall, straight trees, shadow-dappled snow...

elephantine tree roots...


lacy sprigs of cedar...


deeply grooved tree bark...


and luscious naturally occuring abstracts...


worthy of hanging in the Museum of Modern Art:)


delicate, exquisite and tiny natural formations...

heartbreakingly sweet and tender...


crystal clear...

and many-layered...



tall, straight and strong...


sparkly and inviting...

every photo a work of art...



every step bringing a new vista that allows me to appreciate winter's beauty like never before.


I usually say that the only thing I like about winter is that it gives me a greater appreciation of spring, but now I can say that I appreciate winter for its own sake, its own beauty enhanced by the snow, ice and dazzling sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!