Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Dear Anon - You Really Made my DAY!!

Three days ago I received a comment from Anon......



  • "Well, I know my comment is not apropos of your post today ... however I thought it wouldn't hurt to leave it anyways! :)
    I recently had some extra (forced) time off my feet which gave me extra blog reading time. While I was an occasional reader of your blog, and certainly missed your posts on the one or two occasions where you had taken a few months' break from writing, I can now say that with my extra time I found myself reading every post of your blog, all the way back to its inception!
    Jane, I must say, (hopefully without sounding like a weirdo) that you seem like an awesome person that would be cool to know in real life. Your empathy towards your students despite all the obvious stressors of the job really shines through. Your down-to-earth, no pretentiousness is pretty cool too. (Here's a blast from your blog's past ... I loved the post where you proudly modeled the cardigan sweater than you found on the ground in your parking lot). A very important lesson I am learning from your blog is to "get out there, be open to things, and experience life". Whether this has always been your personality, or was something that was cultivated in recent years by your very own live-in life coach, it's something that leaps off the screen. 
    Again, I know it's weird for me to just leave a comment like this out of the blue without it being triggered by a specific post, but I thought it may be a nice thing for you to hear that someone out in cyberspace really has enjoyed your writing."


      First of all Anon,  just knowing you have taken the time to read all of my posts, some 727 entries, blows me away. And, it fills me with gratitude that you have let me know this. Right now, if no one ever reads another of my posts I will still be a very happy person.

      One thing I know about myself for sure is that I don't have a pretentious bone in my body. (I hope that didn't sound pretentious lol!) I'm a simple girl who enjoys a simple life. Well, it's not so simple right now but that is the goal for when I retire.

      The past few days have been really stressful so your uplifting comment couldn't have come at a better time. I had my final "teacher evaluation" yesterday - that's when a VP comes into my classroom and watches every single thing I do and say. Even though I am a seasoned veteran it was still very stressful and I barely slept the night before. About 2 hours later my vision started to get ripply which is a sign of an oncoming migraine so I went home and spent the next 18 hours in bed. Today I felt pretty good so off to work I went and my GIANT young man had a rough day injuring one of my staff. She went to urgent care and my young man went home. See? Not so simple at present.

      But in a few more months (208 days:) I will be moving to a slower-paced part of the world where the biggest decision of the day will be sunny side up or sunny side down!

      Thank you again Anon, for taking the time to let me know you've enjoyed my writing! That means SO much to me, it really does.

      14 comments:

      1. What a great comment! I had forgotten about you finding the sweater :) Hope you head is feeling better

        ReplyDelete
      2. I second every word :)


        And I'm glad you are feeling a little better.

        ReplyDelete
      3. livingrichonthecheapDecember 3, 2013 at 7:30 PM

        How nice! I completely agree with anons comments by the way. Retirement aka your new life is just around the corner. My eyeball twitches (kind if like that character Mad-eye in the Harry Potter Movies) when I get stressed. Cheers!

        ReplyDelete
      4. That's funny, because I just started poking around in your old posts too (although not as systematically as this person). I too think you're awesome. And I saw the post from your brother's art show, and I LOVE his work. He's very talented, and you come from quite the artistic family!

        ReplyDelete
      5. What a wonderful gift you were left. I love how when life really seems to knock us down-a shining brief light finds it way through.

        You are a good soul and an encouraging person. I consider it a gift to call you my friend.

        ReplyDelete
      6. witchisland blogspot. caDecember 4, 2013 at 10:08 AM

        Jane you are truly a inspiration to us all.
        I see the big count down is on and it must feel very exciting to have a new way of life waiting around the corner for you to start.

        ReplyDelete
      7. Thanks witch! I am excited - I keep up the internal dialogue so that I can mark the passage of time and special occasions for the last time - like this will be the last Christmas breakfast I make for my class and their Best Buddies, I'm trying to stay "in the moment" as much as I can and not just get bogged down in the day to day routine.

        ReplyDelete
      8. Thank you my friend:) Can I be your cousin too?

        ReplyDelete
      9. Wow, so good to hear from you! I have my brother's artwork on just about every wall of my house! And my sister paints, my brother makes VERY unique birdhouses, so yes, there is a lot of creativity in my family. I like to think it comes from growing up without a lot of "stuff" - we made our own fun and just used what was around us.

        ReplyDelete
      10. Thank you! And by the way, my left eye twitches awfully when I'm overtired, very annoying, especially since watching my eye in a mirror it is very evident when it twitches...I rely on eye drops a lot.

        ReplyDelete
      11. Thanks Lena - and I'm right as rain once again!

        ReplyDelete
      12. Thanks Judy! Yes, that sweater was quite a find lol! When you're raised with very few material things a found treasure means a lot.

        ReplyDelete
      13. I have to say, I have the same thoughts about your blog all the time...I was sad when you were off. I really feel as though you'd be an interest person to know!

        ReplyDelete
      14. Thank you Rose, that's so sweet of you to say. I'm a little shy at first, but once I'm warmed up I'm the life of the party - a little too lively sometimes :)

        ReplyDelete

      Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!