Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Fa la la la la the First Box is Here!


 The first delivery of Christmas presents has arrived!! I tried something different this year. I have ordered all of my gifts from The Hudson's Bay Company (The Bay) ONLINE!! I've never done this before. Oh, I've ordered the odd gift from a particular company before, but I've never sat down with a list and systematically ordered gifts for everyone on my list. I must admit, I feel euphoric!
Adding to my euphoria is the fact that every single item was ON SALE!! AND I got FREE SHIPPING!! Yowsa! (Yes, some of us still use that word!) The quality is excellent and most items made in Canada. I just placed my order on Saturday from the comfort of my recliner, pot of tea close to hand and most of the gifts arrived today. Still a few left to arrive.
I am not a "mall" kind of gal. Last time I was in a mall was....I don't know....maybe last Christmas? I have a thrift store close to hand so when I need a blue top to go with a certain pair of pants then off I go to Talize where for $5 or $7 I can get just what I need. I am so well stocked with clothing I probably won't have to buy a thing for about 10 years once I retire other than underwear and socks. Unless I grow larger...or hopefully smaller...

But...I digress.

A mall experience for me consists of wandering aimlessly, bumping into people while feeling like I am under water, a dull roar in my ears, vision blurred by shiny sparkly things that all call out simultaneously BUY ME BUY ME and I ALWAYS overspend, and think "just one more gift, just one more gift" and I forgot what I've bought already, I get overheated, overwhelmed, feel cheap one moment and then poor the next...ARGGGGHHHHH! I hate it!

I think I'm onto something :)

Do you like shopping in a mall full of desperate people??

18 comments:

  1. livingrichonthecheapDecember 4, 2013 at 9:09 PM

    A fellow yowsa-er! I hate malls, try to shop early to avoid them. I am one of this get in-get out type of shoppers. I had to go to Canadian Tire this past weekend and got cranky in the ten minutes we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely not a mall person myself. I feel very poor every time I go there. I guess, I just don't like to aimlessly look at stuff...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a mall person at all. All those people buying lots of overpriced things...NOT for me. I think the last time I was in a mall was probably 4 years ago or more. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate the mall!!!!! Even if I go in with coupons or go for a specific thing that is a good deal they are always trying to add something. And then I see all these things that my kids dont need but would maybe like to have..it's just not worth it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well let me join the anti-mall folks below. I can't even tell you the last time I went to the mall just to go to the mall and shlepp around with all the other sheeple. lol
    And I think getting boxes of presents in the mail is fun, even if it's stuff you bought and you aren't keeping them for yourself!
    And a much saner way to shop this online stuff....you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your explanation of the mall shopping experience! Hilarious!! You are right, it does feel like you are underwater... lol. I will be going to JC Penny's but it is in a shopping plaza, not a mall. A little less intimidating.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HATE IT! I hate crowds, I also have a problem with sensory overload,so it's hell on earth in a mall.I end up like that robot who flaps his arms, spins in circles shouting "danger Will Robinson!". I avoid malls like the plague.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not a mall sort of gal. But I did go on Cyber Monday to the actual mall. That worked out well because no one was there.

    I did a lot of shopping on Amazon and I also picked up a ton of gift cards at Jewel. Easy peasy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I like Amazon too - though it took me awhile to realize they sold more than books lol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember that robot lol! We must be close to the same age :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you have to be on crack to feel at home in an overcrowded, overheated noisy crowded mall! But that's just my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, it's kinda like getting a gift myself, then sharing it with the people I mostly love ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I know, I get suckered in to the buy 2 get 1 half-price scams and end up buying things I don't need just because they were a "good" deal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - four years - you rock! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No, me either...I've no time to be aimless. I'm always so relieved when I get out into the parking lot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm ADHD so I think I get so over-stimulated in a mall environment - I get panicky and need to go home and sit in a dark closet for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  17. hey looks like I can post again!! yeah! I used to love the mall - back in my younger skinnier days..now I hate it. I hate parking and walking and then walking forever dodging skinny teens...and really hate those kiosks where they try to sell you loopy loo airplanes and guaranteed magical kits to make your fingerneails shiny (can buff your nails really hard with anything and they shine for a while - no need for their special thingies) I would order everything online if I could - luckily my brother's wishlist had a book on amazon -should arrive today! sister in law I've picked up toe socks at walgreens (a drugstore that's on nearly every corner here) she loves those things. if she doesn't give me an idea soon that may be it for her! still have a quilt to make and a few kid presents and 2 more adult gifts then should be DONE!
    boy I've missed being able to post here :-)
    Susanna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Susanna!! Yay - welcome back!! Hey, they try to sell that nail buffing stuff here too - small world! I jiggled my Disqus commenting settings, maybe that did the trick. It's awesome to hear from you - its been months and months! How are you, how are the doggies? How's the Dude??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!