Monday, May 2, 2016

Money Monday


As the month is young I don't really have much to report about my budget except I'm a bit behind in my two new goals. My charitable donations are right on track with another donation to kids' cancer of $50. Where I am behind is in my Christmas gift buying/creating. I bought a gift in January and also in February and then I stalled. I need to get crocheting and carving more but it's hard this time of year as I prefer to be outside. Today being a rainy day I will get into the workshop. I brought home a good strong tree branch yesterday to use as a walking stick but it needs a little work. I hope to get that completed today but it's a gift for myself  :)

Other than that it's business as usual - I transferred $400 into savings and have divided my misc budget into 4 equal amounts to get me through May. Extra expenses this month include my truck license plate sticker and one night in an Airbnb in Dublin. I will also be checking out flyers for sales on hiking duds. I think I'm in pretty good shape there though, perhaps some socks or hiking shorts.

Lately I've mentioned "forest bathing" and how getting out into nature is good for stress and overall well being. And then I found this!

"Want to feel healthier, happier and more peaceful? Add a daily dose of nature to your routine.
Most of us spend too much time in front of screens and too little time outdoors. It’s time to fall (back) in love with nature!
This May, the David Suzuki Foundation is challenging you and people around the world to join the 30×30 Challenge by spending 30 minutes a day in nature for 30 days. Our goal is simple: to reconnect human beings with nature for the sake of their health and mental well-being.
Join us in taking the 30×30 Nature Challenge, so we can reap nature’s benefits together. See you outside!"  Found on the David Suzuki website. David Suzuki is a high profile Canadian scientist.
So I'm going to give it a try. 30 minutes is easy...everyday will be harder. Yesterday I spent about 2 hours in the forest and even though it was cool and cloudy it was very enjoyable. Here are a few photos...
Gradually the colour green is taking over.

I wonder which way to prevailing winds blow?

Looked for deer but didn't spot any. Just bunnies, a heron and crows
mobbing a hawk.

This is part of my "running trail."

So inviting!

Mallard duck


A tree sculpture!
Hope your Monday isn't TOO manic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!