Saturday, January 2, 2010

Sisterhood of the Travelling Sun Pendant

These are my girls. These are the girls who are my best friends. This is my sisterhood - the people I talk to when no one else will do, when you need that heart of a woman who listens and understands, who holds you when your heart is breaking, who laughs with you because they "get you" and your whacky brand of humour. These are my sisters with hearts of gold and I couldn't live without them.




This is me. This is me celebrating New Year's Eve with the people I love best. This is me with a whopping big SMILE on my face. This is me with my special gift - a sun pendant crafted by one of the sisterhood.


Similar to the idea of the "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" but a whole lot more practical since none of us are the same size(!!) my special homegirl Julie (Jules) presented me with a necklace: "you get to wear it first", she said and then I asked "for how long and who do I give it to next?" and she said "it's up to you!" What a wonderfully creative way to represent the tight bond that we share and I feel so honoured to get to wear the pendant first.


Back in the summer we spent some time together at my trailer in Bayfield and we started calling ourselves "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Trailer Trash" but I think "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Sun Pendant" sounds so much classier, don't you??
I dedicate this post to my sisterhood (also known as "Ya Bunch of Mothers" but that's another post)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!