Wednesday, December 30, 2009

End of the Year Roundup



Merry Carollers in Bracebridge, Ontario - December 24, 2009



So much is going on. I am halfway through my second week of Christmas holidays and time is disappearing faster than the money in my bank account! Well, not really, the money is gone! My wee family arrived home from Bracebridge on Saturday, 5 days ago, and I just unpacked my suitcase today! So many gatherings of family and friends - twice as many now that I have someone in my life.



Just checked out my kiva loans - 2 of the 3 are now in the process of being repaid. Considered making my 4th loan which would be for Jan. 2010 (1 loan per month since October) but at this point in time they have more loaners than loanees so will check in again tomorrow. I'd like to think that this has something to do with Oprah profiling Kiva on her show a few weeks ago or perhaps it's to do with the time of year, the Christmas spirit of giving and all that. Whatever it is, I'm happy to be a part of it.



Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Michael and I are going to Jambalaya's for dinner and dancing and then to a friend's house party. On New Year's Day we are going to "collage" our goals and hopes for 2010. Our main focus for 2010 will be "trusting the trust" - something I'll explain more fully as we move forward.



The New Year is also a time to readjust one's budget and financial goals. I appear to be on track with retiring my debt (if not my person) in 4.3 years. So if I decide to retire in 4.5 years I'll be debt-free ONLY if I don't add to my personal line of credit. So please please please my little Chev Cobalt, please last at least another 5 years, please, I love you......



2009 has been a very memorable and groundbreaking year for me. Entering into a new relationship at a time when I thought I had my life's path all figured out has been challenging and wonderful. More to come on that as well.



Stealing the words of a friend I hope that all of you are feeling loved, cherished, supported and understood.



One love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!