So she became a dancer instead and it all worked out fine.
Ooooooh the wind is really picking up and yikes...what a flash of lightning!! Is it ok to be using your computer during a thunderstorm? When I was a kid there was a long list of things your weren't supposed to do during a thunderstorm according to my mother:
- stand near a window
- sit out on the porch even though it had a roof
- take a bath (that lightning could travel right up the water pipe and getcha!)
- sit on the toilet (same rationale)
- have the TV or radio on or even leave them plugged in
- use the telephone
- play outside...duh...especially not in the puddles!
I always thought she was making this stuff up until one time when Kazi was a kid our condo unit (4 condos in a row) got struck by lightning at the furthest end from ours thank goodness. We lost our phones and had to replace our cable box so I guess there was some truth in my mother's warnings. There was no fire but there was a black scorch mark on the second story of the last unit.
Ok, gotta go - dinner is served. We are eating stylishly late this evening...it's 9:15pm for goodness sake!
Have a good evening and remember - TGIF!!