Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Loooooooong Weekend!

We just had our first long weekend of the summer and the weather was everything you could wish it to be: warm, sunny, absolutely delightful. On Friday night a friend of ours was playing in his band at Me and Suzy's in Pt. Stanley so naturally we had to go along and cheer!
 Pt. Stanley is one of my favourite places to visit: it's only a 45 minute drive (shorter if you speed!), it has an active harbourfront, great beaches, quaint shops and lots and lots of live music.
I love taking pictures of kids, especially kids at the beach. While we worry about our cellulite and sprawl on our blankets like beached whales the kids are having a blast playing in the water. Amazingly, due to our warm spring I guess, the water was FILLED with people, mostly kids!
 There's nothing more precious than the sight of a bare bottom on the beach, I should say a baby's bare bottom! There were a few bum cheeks on display that I wished I hadn't seen, c'mon girls...show some modesty!!
Ahhhhh, to be young again!
 One of the other things I love about Pt. Stanley is its architecture and bright colours!
The marina is separated from the lake by a lift bridge. Some little person sits in the tower all day making the bridge go up...and down...up...and down...
The pansies were in full bloom and guarded well!
Here are the three members of Sonic Buddha! We're friends with the drummer, Ken, and that's his son playing bass guitar behind Jerome, the guitar player. All three sang and their harmonies were really quite good.  (think Beach Boys type harmonies!)

Here we are trying to keep warm! It got quite chilly Friday night but we didn't let that get us down. Nope, just brought out the blankets and kept the Irish coffees coming!
In other news my mug rug from Carla arrived and has been packed into a box headed to P.E.I. I love the bicycle and travel theme and especially the quote from Herman Melville: "It is not down in any map, true places never are!" Makes me think of Bilbo Baggins and his journey.

I'm starting week two of my work refusal and stress leave. I haven't really heard anything from work as to whether any changes have been implemented yet. Time will tell. I start physio on my neck and shoulder this Thursday. I'm getting a lot of reading done and trying to relax. Tomorrow I'll book a massage. I won't truly be able to relax until a) the recommendations from the health and safety committee are implemented and b) I'm back in my classroom and c) summer begins and I hit the road.

In the world of finance I am eagerly awaiting June's budget! I'm going to try and forget about May although there are still 9 days left!! OHH! and exciting news!! I've already spent June's money too!! Woot woot; I'm on a roll!! Watch out!!

OK, so here's the explanation.  I went on sears.ca to check out stoves and fridges as this is the summer for appliances for my PEI home. Well....to make a long story short...I would get a good deal IF I made the purchase before May 22 (today!), then the sale would be over. So, I used my credit card (lots of points earned!) and will pay it off May 31st when I get paid. So the money won't actually go in and out of my PEI Maintenance savings account except in theory only. They will be delivered to my new home on July 3rd! Less than $1500 including taxes and delivery charges for both stainless steel fridge and stove! I'm so excited!

How was YOUR weekend??

16 comments:

  1. What a fabulous weekend.  We went to the beach too but the water was a good bit too cold yet to go in.  Another month maybe before we try.  The weather really was divine though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You partied all day and right into the night too!  You kids and your constant partying!
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your new appliances, at a really good price!!! What a fun time you guys had, you really know how to party like a rock star!! Our 3 day weekend starts Friday, so ready for a little R&R

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love waterfronts (so why do I live on the flat prairie fields :-)). You might want to check your twitter, think you might be getting spammed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jackie - you're right, my twitter was getting spammed; hopefully I've fixed it!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:23:14 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, we parties like FROZEN rock stars lol! The rest of the weekend was much warmer! I know where you'll be next weekend - out in your garden!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 8:03:53 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's what second childhoods are for Mark! Just you wait!






    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:55:01 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you're having good weather as my sister is there now. How do you manage the black flies?





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 7:52:19 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat little town that looks like!
    Ok, here's the deal--go down there the middle of next month and wave at me across the lake and I'll wave back at you when we are dropping out son off at summer camp.  lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the photos! :) Looks like you had a great weekend! It seems like modestly doesn't really exist anymore.. Especially on the beach! :/ Awesome that you found a deal on appliances for your PEI home!! Good stuff! Ps - I did get your "thank-you", 2 of them! lol! Glad you like it! Sorry, but replying to enmails in a timely manner is not my strong suit... *blush* :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved all your facebook photos it looked like you had a wonderful weekend and an awesome birthday. I think you must be retiring way too early as you only look about 40 in those photos.
    Love the idea that you have your stove and fridge organised, how clever of you to get a good deal.
    Enjoy your massage, it's about time you gave yourself a little TLC

    ReplyDelete
  12. No wonder i like you so much! My actual birthday is this Saturday - we're going to Niagara Falls for a couple of days - the honeymoon capital of the world!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:48:32 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's ok, my memory isn't what it used to be so thanking you twice is better than not thanking you at all!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 11:26:36 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect, I'll do that! I'll stand on top of the lifeguard platform so you can see me better!!





    ________________________________
    From: Disqus
    To: j_harrison@rogers.com
    Sent: Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:55:58 PM
    Subject: [jamhair] Re: Life DOESN'T Begin at Retirement - LIFE Begins TODAY!!

    Disqus generic email template

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute butts!
    I think the "needing appliances bug" is going around.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait until you really get a break at PIE.  You just have such a hard job Jane.  I admire your ability to do it and still smile.  But this shows me what a really wonderful person you are!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!