Sunday, July 28, 2019

I Love my Deck! Now if it Would only STOP raining!

I'm a little naive when it comes to building projects - I had no idea cement would be involved in the making of my new deck. 
I also didn't realize that my old cement steps in front of my patio doors would get
broken into a bunch of pieces and tossed away. But I am just fine with that. Over
the years many animal families (skunks, chipmunks, raccoons!) have lived in the hollow
area behind the cement steps. I'm not  going to miss them!




 Wasn't he a tidy worker? After each step of construction he would clear up the
area he'd been working in. Of course it was not a very big area so I suppose
he had to clear up to make room.

He thought my plan of maximizing the space made sense so he worked around the A/C but every other square inch went to the deck.  The floor was raised by 8" so that the deck would meet the bottom of the fence. And a lot of old materials - flagstones, smaller bits of broken up concrete, stones and rocks were buried beneath the deck.

Et voila! It's wonderful! 

 I need to take more photos as I've bought a couple other chairs, a new lantern, new table cloth
etc. As it's currently sprinkling that won't be today...but soon.

Some of you may recognize my hanging chair - I had it at my trailer hanging from a tree and also
in PEI on a tree. I hung onto it in the hopes of using it again someday - and found out a month
or two ago that there are stands you can buy to hang the chair from! 
So happy!
It's now my favourite reading spot :) 
Doesn't it look great?

We've had a LOT of WEATHER lately, if you know what I mean...pretty much everything
you can think of except for snow...and that wouldn't surprise me much. Even tornado warnings.
It's been very unsettled with lots of events being cancelled unfortunately. 
I haven't been hiking around Fanshawe Lake as much - just once this week - instead I've switched to my bike as I can't escape the bugs when I'm hiking but I'm a blur on my bike! ZOOM!

No flies on me! (or mosquitos)!!

Have you noticed the infestations of bugs lately in the news? 
Las Vegas is full of grasshoppers, Orillia and North Bay (in Ontario) had literally billions
of shad flies descend upon them!

UGH! 
The major news story at the moment in Canada is about the two teenage boys who are wanted in connection with three murders in British Columbia. They are on the run and were last seen in Northern Manitoba. This sort of thing doesn't happen too often here so the whole country is 
caught up in this awful event. Hope they are found soon!

Keep cool everyone!
It's my favourite day of the year - The PRIDE Parade!!

34 comments:

  1. Your deck area is just beautiful, I can see you really enjoying that - even in the fall curled up with a blanket! I hope the rain passes so you can use it a little more. We are enjoying our new bedroom. We've changed so much in this house since we moved here but so nice to have the bedroom "done". As for those two boys...very very difficult to understand how that happens. I hope the polar bears are enjoying a meal - that or the horseflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't you heard about cyber hacking company blank ATM card and how other people had benefited from it? I am Williams vivian by name, i want to share a blog and forums on how to get real blank ATM card,thank to cyber hacking company who helped me with an already hacked ATM CARD and i was so poor without funds that i got frustrated. One morning as i was browsing on the internet, i saw different comments of people testifying of how cyber hacking company helped him from being poor to a rich man through this already hacked ATM CARD. I was skeptical if this was true, i decided to contact him to know if he is real he proved to me beyond all doubts that its was really for real so i urgently receive my blank ATM card. Contact his email cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com and today am also testifying on how cyber hacking company helped me. I never believed in it until the card was sent to me, which am using today Contact the company now and become rich. Email: cyberhackingcompany@gmail.com 

      Delete
  2. Your deck is gorgeous! I know you are loving it!
    We are being eaten alive by mosquitos this year. Where are the bats when you need them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks wonderful - sorry you are not yet getting the weather to take advantage of it properly. Over here, we are scratching like mad with thunder flies - each less than 2 mm long but descending in their millions. Whenever the temperature rises we are inundated and guessing that will remain the case until the crop in the neighbouring field is harvested,

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mark of a good tradesman(person) is if they clean up site every. single. day. It's simply good practice. The deck looks fantastic, though - good job - and what a great place to read!

    Hope those boys are caught soon. What makes people do things like that? Scary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love love the deck! Looks so nice, but is it built on the ground with no footings? Do you not have termites there. Just a worry. I love all your furniture it looks so cozy and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous spot! Just lovely.

    Well, those fugitives were found before I got here. Karma sorted them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful space!!! I'm so jealous!!! You did an awesome job on that deck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all miss your updates!!! What's going on in Jane's World?

    ~ Freckles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping all is well in your neck of the woods.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It should be a medium that they dabble in, experiment with, try on for size, and utilize as a creative outlet. http://sd2h05y3ib.dip.jp http://xukaxvyw56.dip.jp http://uia83wgdq1.dip.jp

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does anyone know if Jane is ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wondering that too. I think she's been hacked.

      Delete
  12. HEY.... have you been hacked? I got a suspicious email from you that KIND of seemed just fine, but then you said xoxoxo under your name.
    ummm we're not THAT close! lol
    So I checked your FB account and it's definitely having issues.
    Are you ok?

    ReplyDelete
  13. How Much Do I Need To RetireHow much do people spend in retirement? The world is at a precipice; workforce globally notices this trend where the baby boomer generation is now close to retiring and the millennial generation enters the workforce.

    ReplyDelete
  14. INSTEAD OF GETTING A LOAN,, I GOT SOMETHING NEW
    Get $5,500 USD every day, for six months!

    See how it works
    Do you know you can hack into any Credit cards machine with a hacked Credit cards??
    Make up your mind before applying, straight deal...

    Order for a blank Credit cards now and get millions within a week!: contact us
    via email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com}

    We have specially programmed Credits Cards that can be use to hack Credit cards Machines
    Nation Wide, the Credits Cards can be used to withdraw at any Credits Cards or swipe Machines, at
    Stores and POS Machines. We sell this cards to all our customers and interested
    buyers worldwide, the Credit Card has a daily withdrawal limit of $5,500 at any Credit cards Machines
    and up to $50,000 spending limit in stores depending on the kind of card
    you order for. Credits Cards Can also be used in any other cyber hack{Services}, we are here for you anytime any day.

    Here is our price lists for the Credits Cards:

    Cards that withdraw $5,500 per day costs $550 USD
    Cards that withdraw $10,000 per day costs $1850 USD
    Cards that withdraw $35,000 per day costs $2,200 USD
    Cards that withdraw $50,000 per day costs $5,500 USD
    Cards that withdraw $100,000 per day costs $8,500 USD


    make up your mind before applying, straight deal!!!

    The price include shipping fees and charges, order now: contact us via
    email address:: {Legitblankcardsonline@gmail.com} Or
    Add us on Whatsapp [+13473848100]

    ReplyDelete
  15. Herpes is a serious and recurrent condition that cannot be cured by drugs or injections by US doctors, but the best way to fight against herpes is to take natural herbal remedies, I red about DR JAMES, the great herbalist who cures people of herpes virus with his powerful herbal medicine. I contacted him to find out how he could help me and he told me never to be afraid that he would help me with the natural herbs medicine! After 2 days of contacting him he told me the medicine is ready and he sent it to me via DHL COURIER SERVICE and it got me in 3 days! I used the medication as he prescribed for me (MORNING and EVENING) and was cured! It's really like a dream, but I'm so happy! For people suffering from the following diseases,Diabetes, cancer,Pcos, hypothyroidism, Herpes, COPD, HIV, arthritis, Hpv, infections, liver disease, autoimmune diseases, Parkinson's disease, Lupus and more should contact him for his herbal medicine, because I am a living witness and I was cured of herpes virus. and DR James medicine is legitimate and 100 percent works. I sent him what he asked for and he sent me his medication which I took for 2 weeks and today I am here with a negative result. When I went for the test, I was so happy after I took his herbal mix medicine.
    CONTACT DR JAMES FOR A PERMANENT CURE Email: drjamesherbalmix@gmail.com
    WhatsApp +2348152855846

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment - it means a lot to me that you read my post and are leaving a comment - you just made my day!